McCormick Taylor develops and implements a program to comply with the Maryland WIP, the NPDES MS4 Discharge Permit, and EPA approved local Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) for SHA's Office of Environmental Design. A major component of this is developing and implementing a program to meet the requirements of the Phase II Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP II) for the Chesapeake Bay TMDL, which was issued by the US Environmental Protection Agency in December 2010.
HOW WE HELPED
McCormick Taylor has provided staff both on- and offsite who have been instrumental in the development and execution of this program since its inception in 2011.
Our responsibilities have included:
- Providing onsite restoration planning and GIS support personnel
- SWM planning, site search and design tasks
- Management of TMDL research initiatives
- Development of alternate protocols for crediting of outfall restoration projects
- Assessment of initial stream and wetland candidate sites
- Providing management and coordination for the delivery of TMDL projects
McCormick Taylor continues to have staff overseeing the many primary components of SHA's TMDL program. SHA recognizes and trusts that we have the management and technical staff required to deliver a program of this magnitude.